The Association for the Advancement of Social Work with Groups (AASWG) is hosting their 33rd annual international symposium from June 2-5, 2011 on board Queen Mary, Long Beach. AASWG is seeking your help through contributions, sponsorships, or charitable donations.
The AASWG is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization founded in 1979. The purpose of this member-driven organization is to promote excellence in group work practice, education, field instruction, research and publication. The annual symposium hosts leaders in the field of group work to present new findings, protocols, best practices, evidence based models and other scholarly information.
The current list of presenters, sponsors and community partnerships include:
- College of Health and Human Services California State University, Long Beach
- John F. Scott & US Vets at the Villages of Cabrillo
- Mental Health America Village, Long Beach
- Julie O’Donnell & Bob Cabeza with the Long Beach YMCA
- Kathy Shannon, Deputy Director of the National PACE Association -Legacy Health Systems Caregiver Services, Portland
- The Museum of Tolerance, Los Angeles
- Museum of Latin American Art, Long Beach
- Alex Gitterman, EDD–Director of Doctoral Program School of Social Work University of Connecticut
- Mark Doel, PhD, MA, CQSW – Research Professor of Social Work, Sheffield Hallam University, England
For more information contact:
Vanessa Shaffer, MSW
33rd Annual Symposium Event Coordinator
6130 Fairbrook St.
Long Beach, CA 90815(949) 280-3345