Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Linkdin
Contact us


  1. Is anyone else upset by the media’s use of the term “Death Panel”. I work in a Long term acute care hospital and so many of our seriously ill patients often have no advance directives and leave family members with choices they find difficult to make. When I speak to patients regarding Advance Directives they say oh I’m not dying you can’t make me do that, they really are receiving bad information from our media.

  2. Hi this is halima I suffer bipolar mental illness no support from family or friends at

  3. Help I’m a young mum in Melbourne I have 2 children 2 and 17 months my 17 month old has a lot of appointments and bills to pay atm I’m I need of a new double pram asap mine broke I go on bus as I don’t have mu license so I don’t want one side to side . My 17 month old is not yet working she has week legs they helping her butt I need to have a sociol working to help me get a pram from st klida mums

    • I always have no family around to help

      • Good afternoon:

        We strongly suggest you contact local social workers in our country of Australia to try to address your problems. You may also wishto contact the Australian Association of Social Workers.

        We hope you will find the assistance you need by working with local authorities.

        Greg Wright
        NASW Public Relations Manager

  4. lerato sinclear

    I need help with ma father he always beat me and tell he which I could die

  5. I need to ask a few questions to a child welfare social worker for a college assignment… help??

    • Jada Danko:

      Please go to HelpPro and use their search engines to find social workers who work near you. I’m sure if you call one on the list they will be happy to help you with your paper.

      Good luck!

      Greg Wright
      NASW Public Relations Manager

  6. I really need help

  7. My husband on drugs, on and off. Financial support not enough, refuse to take responsibility as a husband and father. I am worried that if I might die of cancer, can I appoint a guardian other than him to look after my minor children. His mother is 86, so she cannot be the guardian. I am also bipolar and have mood disorder. He is killing me slowly emotionally and I am afraid for the sake of kids that I won’t make it. I cannot get out of the marriage. Help!

    • Tazz:

      We are so sorry you are experiencing these issues. We suggest you go to, an NASW consumer website that offers guidance on a variety of issues, including addiction. The website also has a search tool that will help you find a social worker and help in your area. We urge you to use it.

      Good luck and we are sure a social worker can help you overcome these problems.

      Greg Wright
      NASW Public Relations Manager

  8. My father abuse me nd my lil sister and my mother am only 17 stay in mamelodi I really need help we have been to other social workers in my place but they don’t help us

    • Thanks for contacting us. Social Work Blog is a blog run by the National Association of Social Workers in the United States. We do not provide direct services in South Africa where you live. However we urge you contact the National Association of Social Workers South Africa ( They may be able to connect you to the services you need. Our thoughts are with you.

      Greg Wright
      NASW Public Relations Manager

  9. I am unemployed with zero money coming in or saved I am very depressed because I am in pain every waking hour of my life which prevents me to obtain employment at this time. I go to physical therapy and Pain management and while I’m​ doing that I also applied for temporary disability and food stamps and was denied. I live with my grand mother in one of the spare rooms. Right now I reside in pg county Maryland.
    There is a part 2 to this story
    I am engaged to my child hood school mate
    Who at this time is unemployed and reside with his grandmother in DC however for good reasons​ unfortunately he suffers from several health problems including type 1 diabetes gastroparisis , rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension, and he’s a kidney transplant survivor. He takes many life saving medications including incilin. He gets social security disability and is on the list for housing he has been on the list for over seven years.
    He has been in the hospital due to low levels and gastroparisis several time and one time for a whole month. The situation is that we plan to marry in a year and we are both living with our grandmothers and with his conditions it’s very hard to monitor him from where I live and it’s getting riskier and riskier getting sick were he now resides to where his elderly grandmother found him nearly uncontious from very low levels we are not to live together in neither grandparents home. Saying all of this my question is how can we get him in housing as soon as possible and can I serve as a care taker with him before marriage and will his social security benefits change when we marry?
    Because I also would like to apply for temporary assistant in Washington DC until I am able to work again however I at this time live in MD I would like to move to DC with him.
    Please help me. I don’t want a way from him home and something happens.

    • Diamond:

      We are so sorry to hear about your issues. The National Association of Social Workers does not provide direct services to clients. However, we have a website called On that website there is a search engine where you can find social workers in your area to help you. We urge you to contact one. They are there to help. Best wishes.

      Greg Wright
      NASW Public Relations Manager

  10. What are the non-developmental crises in a family ?
    What are the problems and violence that family faces?
    What are the different types of family diversity ?

  11. My parents took me out of school when I came out as Bisexual to my highschool. They have took away all my connection to the outside world. They are trying to homeschool me. They constenly tell me im going to hell, say im disgusting, and have even threatened physical abuse. Is this worth going to CPS?

    • We are so sorry this is happening to you. We urge you to get in contact with the Family Acceptance Project (, which was created by NASW member and social worker Caitlin Ryan. They can give you and your family advice. Also visit NASW’s Help Starts Here website ( and read our articles about sexuality, coming out if you are LGBT, and advice for parents. Good luck and please circle back to us if you need more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>