An updated version of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Standards for Social Work Practice in Health Care Settings has been released and is available online or for purchase through the NASW Press.
It is a resource based on the consensus of expert health care social workers and is designed to enhance social workers’ knowledge to work effectively in health care settings in the Affordable Care Act era. In the current health care environment, social workers have found new roles in a range of health care settings and greater recognition of the value that social work brings to address systemic health inequities.
The NASW Health Care Standards highlight:
- Social work responsibilities in the context of new health care delivery models
- The social determinants of health and health disparities
- The importance of cross-cultural knowledge and facilitation of culturally and linguistically appropriate care
- Working in interprofessional teams and integrated care settings
- Engaging in quality improvement and evaluation activities
- Employing evidence-informed interventions
- Advocating for appropriate workloads
For more information contact NASW Senior Practice Associate Carrie Dorn at email@example.com.