The National Association of Social Workers strongly supports the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which has brought affordable health care to millions more Americans.
Open enrollment has begun and will end on Jan. 31, 2016. The Health Insurance Marketplace is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Registration can be done online, by phone, or from trained navigators in your community:
- Visit HealthCare.gov or in Spanish
- Phone Marketplace Call Center 1-800-318-2596 (TTY 1-855-889-4325)
- Locate help in your area HealthCare.gov or at a health center.
Here are additional ACA resources social workers can share in their communities:
General Open Enrollment Resources
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Families USA Enrollment Assister Resource Center
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Webinars on the Health Care Law
- Enroll America
Population Specific Organizations and Resources
- Young People: Young Invincibles
- African American & Faith Based Community: National Action Network
- Latino: National Council of La Raza
- Asian: Asian American Pacific Islander Health Forum
- LGBTQ: Out 2 Enroll
- Women: National Women’s Health Network
- Families and Children: Families USA
- Additional Toolkits for Targeted Groups: Enroll America
For more information contact National Association of Social Workers Senior Practice Associate Carrie Dorn at email@example.com.