The social work community was saddened to learn this weekend of the passing of former NASW CEO, Elizabeth “Betsy” J. Clark, PhD, MPH, ACSW. She died on May 23 at her home in New York.
During her 12-year tenure at the National Association of Social Workers (2001-2013), Dr. Clark led numerous initiatives that increased public support for the profession and social workers, in the U.S. and globally. Her extensive experience in cancer advocacy also expanded NASW’s work in health care policy. She was elected an NASW Social Work Pioneer® in 2015.
NASW extends its deepest sympathies to Betsy’s family and all who knew her well.
- Seamon Wilsey Funeral Home Announcement
- NASW Pioneer Biography – Elizabeth J. Clark
- Cards and letters for the Clark family may be sent to the NASW Foundation, 750 First Street, NE, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20002.
- Donations can be made to the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship.
- Donations can be made to the NASW Foundation Memorial & Tribute Fund in Dr. Clark’s memory.
- Betsy Clark’s farewell column in the NASW News – May 2013
- NASW Statement on the Passing of Former CEO Elizabeth “Betsy” J. Clark, PhD, MPH, ACSW