Military Social Work Spouses Can Receive $4,000 for Their Professional Development

NASW now participates in the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA), a Department of Defense (DoD) sponsored employment assistance program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certificate, certification or Associate’s Degree necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth Portable Career Fields and Occupations.

The financial assistance provided by the MyCAA program can be used to enroll in NASW’s Professional Education and Training Center courses or used to obtain NASW Credentials. Read the FAQs for Spouses to find out eligibility requirements of the MyCAA program. Eligible social workers should visit the MyCAA website and register for an account. Contact a Military OneSource consultant at 800-342-9647 to discuss how to take advantage of NASW professional development opportunities.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.