Did you know that a MSW degree opens up more career paths than other comparable degrees? According to the Department of Labor, “the projected growth in Social Work employment is expected to rise 12%, which is above the average growth rate for all occupations at 7%.” If you are considering pursuing your Master’s in Social Work (MSW) and starting your career as a Social Worker, NASW is here to help you from the beginning with our first Virtual Grad Fair on Wednesday, November 9, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (EST).
Below are 5 reasons to attend #VirtualGradFair:
- Jumpstart your Education—“Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world.” At the Virtual Grad Fair, you will have the opportunity to start your educational journey in social work by applying for a Master of Social Work or continuing your social work academic career by applying for a Doctor of Social Work/Social Work Ph.D. This is the perfect resource to help expedite the graduate admissions process by virtually connecting with admissions recruiters to ask questions, learn more, and apply directly to available graduate programs via Skype integration or instant messaging.
- Convenience—Remotely attend this virtual event without having to leave your office, campus, or home to travel to an in-person event. All you have to do is register for a student account and log in during the live event to sign up for a chat time with multiple admissions counselors from schools of social work across the nation. If you do your homework ahead of time, and select the schools you are interested in applying to or speaking with, you will be able to get your questions answered and apply on the spot. After the event, if you have found that you still want to apply or follow up with a particular school, then you can log back into your account and submit an application to the particular school.
- Save Money—Did we mention students can attend the Virtual Grad Fair for FREE? Students register for FREE! You can also save even more money without having to spend on traveling to an in-person fair, while still being able to connect and apply to schools of social work from across the country. We have maximized your benefits of attending with minimizing the cost on you!
- Learn About the Graduate Life Quicker— During the live event, students will have the opportunity to ask questions to the schools of social work they are interested in via Skype or instant messaging. Students can ask more detailed questions and have receive their answers quicker related to on-campus life, on-campus student organizations, field placement opportunities, and any specialized social work graduate programs or classes in a practice area.
- Networking Opportunities—Before the live event, students can make a list of the schools they are interested in applying to or chatting with to learn more about the school and available graduate programs. If students do not want to apply to a school during the live event, then they are encouraged to bring their student resumes and provide the admissions recruiters with a copy to make a lasting impression. Students who plan on applying to select schools of social work during the event are also highly encouraged to submit student resumes with their applications to showcase academic achievements and prior social work experience.
Convinced? Register today, and we’ll see you at the Virtual Grad Fair!